10/06/2011

Week 2: What I learned and what I thought

1. Web searching
(1) What I learned.
#1 "Google" is not the only one and the best search engine.
---Why and where is it I gulped the story, "Google is the best and most useful"?? I am now quite ashamed of myself gulping it.  Oh, no!

#2 To know and use well-categorized list of search engines and sites are real shortcut(s) and quite time-saving.
---For the time being at least "NoodleTools" and the given list this week are the first site I have to open every morning.  Early morning net-surfing must be so cool!

#3 Helpful vocabulary in searching on the Internet
---I learned not a little vocabulary from 'Technology Tip of the Month'.  I am quite sure that to know and use this helpful vocabulary makes searching on the Internet more effective and time-saving. 

(2) What I thought
#1 How to teach what I learned in my classes. 
---Even if what I learned this week is too much for my students, I have to make a careful selection of them to the level of my classes.

#2. Making my own list of categorized site list for my job
---First, make it, and the next, but the most important thing is revising it cotinuously.

2. ABCD objectives  
(1) What I learned
#1 What is ABCD method like?
---I thought it was similar to the basics of "Action Research" that I learned before.  I posted my first description of learning objective(s) done in the ABCD style.  Now I look forward to the comments from my classmates and Robert.
#2 Revised Bloom's Taxonomy
This is a sort of eye-opening!  I have to confess that I was not careful about the Cognitive Domain when I design my lessons.
(2) What I thought 
#1 I should get used to ABCD method.
#2 I wonder if I can write "mock mini-teaching plan" for each level, from "Remembering" to "Creating".---This may be the quickest way to get familiar with this method and Cognitive Domain...

3.  Describing my class, others
(1) What I learned
#1 How to describe my class(es) clearly
---Just like a bricklayer, we should describe one by one to make others understand my students and my class settings.
#2 Class settings are quite different from country to country, level to level, etc 
---I have not read all of  my classmates' work, but some of them are totally different from ours. I will ask him/her questions and should know more about them.

(2) What I thought
#1 Changing my class settings if possible
---Learning different settings and asking questions will be a good opportunity to reflect on my class setting.
As for some that I am not satisfied with, I may unconsciously give them up as there is no choice, or saying, "Oh, it cannot be helped".

#2 Making my description shorter and less redundant.
I posted my first class description.  Of course I did my best, but left the feeling that it was a bit longer and sentences are a little redundant.  Referring others, and if possible getting some advice from Robert, I would like to make it more short and simple.

(3) Others
This time, I changed the font of the title of my blog.
Little by little I will change some, maybe add my photo next week...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Masafumi,

    I have read your post with great detail and I could see that we have gone through this process with similar feelings.

    Just like you I think NoodleTools is something to keep on searching. We still have to analyze which sites will be useful for our classes and our students’ needs.

    Talking about objectives, I would like to know a little bit more about Action Research style. That will be my next search. I have also leaned other ways to write objectives, but writing objectives with great detail as in the ABCD style only when I had to write my thesis.

    About my class, I have been told that my classes are different from what most participants have described. A course lasts a month. That is 20 school days. Through the years I got used to working this way.

    ReplyDelete